The Instructional Designer will work with the Organizational Change Manager and/or Departmental Manager to create online learning modules and live web-based training sessions, instructor-led training guides, Quick Reference Guides (QRG's), Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guides, and supporting materials following an instructional design process. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate our clients’ employees, and other stakeholders.
* Define objectives for a course and/or curriculum.
* Outline the concept for a course or curriculum, defining (needs for) the course medium, content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials, and complementary learning approaches.
* Quickly synthesize and write course content based on input from subject matter experts, written material, previous training courses, interviews, etc.
* Use PowerPoint and or Word to draft screen layouts, graphics and interactions appropriate to the content.
* Write the audio script for each course and work with subject matter expert and voice talent to ensure proper pronunciation and style.
* Design quizzes and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention.
* Proof work at multiple stages of development and make or document required changes while keeping with version requirements.
* Work with OCM and other project related personnel via email, phone, and in person to collect information needed to complete required documentation.
* Posses the ability to meet project related timelines for training, communication, and readiness assessment.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously while working with the OCM or other business Manager/Director.
*Keep track of project tasks and status using online project management software.
* Keep track of billable and non-billable hours and report them on a bi-weekly basis.
* Maintain client confidentiality.
* Complete various training, project management, and administrative tasks as needed.
* Participate in team brainstorming and strategy meetings to help define goals and direction.
* Keep up to date on learning tools, trends, and ideas.
* Write and edit communication pieces and or other publicity pieces.
Greyhound’s iconic brand is synonymous with affordable long distance travel in North America and a unique national network.
Founded in 1914, Greyhound Lines, Inc. is the largest provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,800 destinations across North America with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet. It has become an American icon, providing safe, enjoyable and affordabl...e travel to nearly 18 million passengers each year in the United States and Canada. The Greyhound running dog is one of the most-recognized brands in the world.
While Greyhound is well known for its regularly scheduled passenger service, the company also provides a number of other services for its customers. Greyhound Package Express service offers value-priced same-day and early-next-day package delivery to thousands of destinations in North America. And the company also offers charter packages for businesses, conventions, schools and other groups at competitive rates.
Greyhound has additional operating entities: BoltBus, serving the Northeast and Western regions of the United States. In 2010, the company launched its premium city-to-city service, Greyhound Express, and has since quickly expanded the popular service to more than 135 markets across North America. It also operates Greyhound Connect, a service that connects rural communities to larger Greyhound markets in the United States.
In addition, Greyhound has interline partnerships with a number of independent bus lines across the United States. These bus companies provide complementary service to Greyhound Lines' existing schedules and link to many of the smaller towns in Greyhound Lines' national route system.
Amtrak passengers use Greyhound to make connections to cities not served by rail on Amtrak Thruway service by purchasing a ticket for the bus connection from Amtrak in conjunction with the purchase of their rail ticket. Passengers may also buy a bus ticket directly from Greyhound.
Greyhound is owned by FirstGroup plc, the leading transport operator in the United Kingdom and North America. Its vision: to provide solutions in an increasingly congested world, keeping people moving and communities prospering. With revenues of more than £5 billion per annum and about 110,000 employees, the company transports more than 2.2 billion passengers every year.