***This is a Requirements Lead position to support Customer Data Analytics applications as Customer Insights Business Intelligence(CIBI), ARM, CKS, EParty and EInteraction.
Skills needed: - Strong ETL (Informatica) experience (6 to 8 years) - Strong Teradata/Data Warehouse experience (6 to 8 years) - Strong requirements/data analyst experience (6 to 8 years) - Working experience in Agile environment
Key responsibilities: 1. Performs the role of Requirements Lead on Build/Run efforts within Data Analytics suite of applications (ARM, CKS, EParty, EInteraction, CIBI) 2. Leads capability uplift by providing solutions and alternatives to business 3. Leads simplification initiatives - Identify ways to reduce run and build costs by simplifying***
JOB SUMMARY: Top level expert in one or more highly specialized aspects of IT Analysis. Acts independently or with limited direction. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies the most complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system log difficulties as necessary. Guides and advises less-experienced analysts . Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to: Director/AVP
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of the most complex application programs and modifications.
2. Conducts quality-control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Ensures the most complex project requirements are executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous.
3. Analyzes the most complex systems requirements and existing business processes and information systems and develops cost-effective information technology solutions.
4. Serves as the top-level expert in the analysis of the most complex application systems issues and provides technical solutions.
5. Validates the most complex requirements, including functional validation and traceability and consensus building.
6. Tests and analyzes each component/phase of the systems development life cycle including the project requirements, design and programs. Develops the most complex test strategies.
7. Executes the most complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents and communicates results. Collaborates with developers and/or end users to determine appropriate solutions. Retests corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
8. Leads in the development, implementation and maintenance of complex test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
9. Leads activities related to User-Centered Design Analysis including the following: Conceptual Design, including UCD and end-to-end experience design; Interaction Design, including Information architecture and workflow analysis; Visual Design, including page design and rapid prototyping.
10. Leads complex user research and validation, including usability testing and contextual inquiry/analysis.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science management information systems, business administration, Usability and Design/Human Factors, insurance or related field is preferred.
Knowledge: Sound understanding of the Nationwide business. Knowledge of the Solution Delivery Framework and Methodology. Familiarity with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Rational Unified Process (RUP). Knowledge in one or more technical areas that support application development, applications, or infrastructure components. Knowledge of business process framework. Industry certification is preferred.
Experience: Eight years of experience in related IT professions, including at least four years of experience in IT Analysis.
Skills: Expert knowledge and demonstrated expertise in Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, User research & validation, business acumen, use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, Workforce planning and management, ESDm, requirements specification, static testing, traceability, test script creation/execution, test strategy creation/execution.
Expert knowledge and demonstrated expertise in Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, User research & validation, business acumen, use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, Workforce planning and management, ESDm, requirements specification, static testing, traceability, test script creation/execution, test strategy creation/execution. Demonstrated competence in the following skills: Interaction design, Visual & page design, rapid prototyping, Usability, Contextual inquiry/analysis.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and Human Resources.
JOB CONDITIONS: Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt) Working Conditions: Normal office environment. ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Created April 2010 JDC/JL Job Family/Function: MIS/TAN
Imagine a place where you do meaningful work every day. Where the effort you put in is acknowledged and rewarded. Where your sense of purpose is discovered and fostered. Where you can be your very best self. You’ve found that place in Nationwide. We are America’s most diversified financial services organization. We’re trusted advisers for our members, offering solutions like home and auto insur...ance, life insurance, retirement savings tools such as annuities and mutual funds as well as business insurance, pet insurance and identify theft protection. Join something great, where you can make a difference!