The Digital Production Manager oversees digital content management systems and supports those systems’ users within the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences dean’s office and its 60 academic departments and programs. The college’s digital platforms include websites, email services, social media, digital signs, a digital asset management system, and a WordPress service.
Manages Support and Training
- Supports Weinberg College’s users of the University’s Cascade website content management system by providing training, creating and updating guides and tutorials, responding in a timely fashion to user help tickets, and promoting best practices for website upkeep and enhancement.
Oversees Digital Sign Network
- Manages and supports a network of digital monitors and a 12-screen video wall, including adapting themes and layouts and managing relationships with vendors.
Leads Digital Asset Management
- Manages the College’s 10,000+ digital image collection within the University’s digital asset management system, including overseeing additions to the collection and enrichment of collection metadata for improved searchability. Supports College staff users and promotes best practices.
Spearheads Quality Assurance
- Proactively collaborates with staff throughout the College to promote high-quality, consistent messaging across digital channels, including websites, email newsletters, social media, and digital signs.
Builds and Manages Support Team
- Hires, trains, and manages work-study students and temporary staff to assist with user support and digital asset management.
Co-manages University-wide Technology Platform
- Helps manage support of a third-party WordPress platform for University faculty, students, research groups and labs, as part of a cross-departmental team.
Co-leads Success Metric Reporting
- Assists the director of digital communications in managing College website traffic measurement and reporting.
Facilitates Alumni and Student Outreach
- Assists Weinberg IT department assistant in supporting email communication platforms used by departments and programs for student and alumni outreach and fundraising.
Facilitates Feedback Initiatives
- Assists communications and marketing staff with deploying surveys, focus groups, usability testing tools, and other feedback instruments to obtain audience input regarding the College’s digital channels.
Supports Social Media Outreach
- Assists communications and marketing staff with posting to the College’s social media channels, including Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in liberal arts, communications, new media, or computer science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 5-7 years’ customer service or client consulting experience.
- Experience maintaining and managing websites using Cascade or an equivalent, full-featured website content management system.
- Experience creating end-user training materials.
- Ability to train and collaborate with others in both group and individual settings.
- Visual design skills and sensibility, including demonstrated knowledge of website usability and accessibility best practices.
- Expertise with HTML and CSS code and experience applying them within a website content management system environment.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office products.
- Proven problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Experience managing WordPress sites, including adapting themes and templates.
- Experience managing digital signs.
- Google Analytics familiarity.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.