Requisition # 2017-7194
Department Academic Technology Services
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 2/27/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking a Web Designer to join its Web Development Services group (WDS). WDS provides comprehensive design, development, and technical support services across multiple platforms for Princeton University websites. WDS is highly collaborative, with close working relationships between developers, designers, managers, and service stakeholders.
The web designer is responsible for creating and implementing visual designs and layouts for the websites the WDS group develops for University departments.
- Design creative, highly usable, and responsive CMS-driven websites for University customers
- Collaborate with customers to evaluate broad schemas, and generate ideas that best capture desired elements
- Analyze customer input; translate ideas, concepts, and content into a user-centered model and build effective site information architectures
- Present concepts to team members, create low fidelity wireframes, and produce mockups
- Collaborate with team content strategists and web developers to design innovative websites that communicate customer content and ideas
- Optimize designs for usability and browser/device compatibility
- Perform light site building tasks in a GUI
- Follow established project management methodologies
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers and peers
- A minimum of three years of web design experience
- An online portfolio of web work, including pre-production work that demonstrates user-centered design
- Strong design foundation with expertise in grid-based design, web typography, white space, balance, and color harmony
- Demonstrated expertise in CSS and HTML, with fluency in hand coding
- Knowledge of user experience and user interface best practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; exceptionally attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills; able to support customers with varying levels of technical understanding
- Demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues, and content management systems
- Experience with front-end web development
- Demonstrated knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and respond to shifting priorities
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs
- Ability to confidently present work and respond to constructive feedback
- Possess a positive, flexible attitude
- Professional experience in higher education
- Experience with theming in Drupal
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CSS, HTML, Drupal
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us!
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.