| Posting Summary: The University of Virginia invites applications for the position of Program Communicator and Coordinator in the Office of Organizational Excellence (OE). This position advances the University's quality and improvement program by leading the communication activities and providing general program support. |
OE, established in the University's Cornerstone Strategic Plan, enables the achievement of institutional strategic priorities and core mission activities - excellence in education, research, and scholarship. For more information, see https://organizationalexcellence.virginia.edu/
The role will work closely with program leadership, project managers, and key stakeholder groups to develop and execute a communication strategy and support initiatives.
Responsibilities include a broad range of communications and administrative support for the overall program and individual projects:
- Proactively develop and manage a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Establish relationships with an internal network of colleagues to integrate approaches within existing channels and activities.
- Advise the office on all aspects of communications for effective outcomes.
- Develop professional communications across multiple mediums, including writing, editing, and visual design and layout.
- Identify target audiences and tailor messages as appropriate.
- Assist with outreach to stakeholders and handle incoming inquiries.
- Develop content and maintain the web site.
- Develop systems and processes necessary for the tracking, planning, and execution of initiatives as assigned.
- Manage regular and special events and meetings, including promotions, coordination of logistics, and post-event follow-up.
- Coordinate with outside consultants as needed.
- Support staff by assisting with a range of activities, including meeting and presentation preparation, best practice and benchmarking research, and basic analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
Review of applications will begin April 7; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Required
Required Specific Degree/Training: Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as English, communications, organizational development, business management, improvement/quality with at least five years of work experience.
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Preferred
Preferred Specific Degree/Training: Master's degree in a related field
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Considerable - 4 to 7 years
Required Specific Experience: Considerable experience designing and delivering communications in a higher education structure or a comparable organization.
Preferred Specific Experience: Experience with quality and improvement initiatives and change management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Ability to execute a broad range of communication functions and apply technical applications, including web applications, graphic design, and collaboration/communication tools.
- Demonstrated exemplary oral and written communication skills. Ability to synthesize, clearly articulate, and effectively convey information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
- Working knowledge of a higher education institution's structures and functions, or the ability to immediately generalize knowledge from a comparable professional organization.
Required Computer Applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Preferred Computer Applications: Microsoft SharePoint; Other graphic design, newsletter, photo/video applications.