When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Publications Manager, the Sr. Technical Writer produces customer documentation such as manuals, quick references, and Help; and process documentation such as doc plans and user stories. All deliverables must comply with department standards and be completed on time for release with products. This position is primarily responsible for producing documentation for hardware/software products.
- Produce and adhere to documentation plans and schedules, adjusting as needed for projects
- Follow department procedures to research, develop, write, and revise hardware and software documentation; and then generate the documentation in various formats, according to defined standards
- Collaborate, as a member of project and product development teams, with subject-matter experts, Product Managers, Testers, Product Support, and Technical Publications staff to produce manuals, Help, and animations that are accurate and on time
- Work with the Technical Publications team to define publications processes and guidelines
- Whenever possible, install and use the product being documented
- Show proficiency in using the required Technical Publications and project software applications
- Review and make recommendations to the project teams about error messages, ToolTips, pop-up dialogs, and usability
- Report and verify software defects and enhancements
- Ensure that all deliverables and the processes that produce them can pass appropriate audits
- Other duties as assigned