Technical Writer Epson America, Inc., a provider of best-in-class digital image capture and output solutions, is seeking a talented Technical Writer to join our team of award-winning documentation specialists. The ideal candidate must have the ability to quickly synthesize and translate technical information into clearly understandable content for end-user customers. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with our cutting-edge, XML-based content management and publishing system. The position offers an excellent developmental opportunity for star performers wishing to hone and display their craft.
- Provide clear, accurate, and understandable content in a variety of formats (html, pdf, and print).
- Research, write, format, edit, and proofread end-user content including, but not limited to, setup posters, quick start guides, user’s guides, video scripts, FAQs, and other customer support materials.
- Edit UI text strings, develop Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), and test hardware and software against instructions.
- Use DTP software and our content management and publishing system to develop documentation for print and online distribution. Should be proficient in the use of FrameMaker templates, CSS stylesheets, or structured documentation.
- Coordinate the development of illustrations, setup posters, cover designs, and other graphical elements with in-house designers/illustrators.
- Coordinate the development of support videos with in-house video developers.
- Track project schedules from documentation planning through technical review, publication, and archiving.
- Work collaboratively with other writers, designers, video developers. product managers, support specialists, and other key stakeholders.
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders using in-house project management tool.