JOB TITLE: Mobilus Web Portal Specialist
The MOBILUS Web Portal Specialist is responsible for maintaining SAE International’s portals on key, emerging areas that customers and users of its MOBILUS institutional product platform rely on for authoritative, current information. The WPS draw on a proven track record of creating credible, authoritative web resources by combining proprietary information with the best content on the open web. Combine this with a deep understanding of how SAE’s users need to consume information in new areas to create web information resources that are recognized as indispensable, go-to destinations. Portal areas focus on, though are not limited to, emerging areas that pose challenges of currency, authority and action-ability to SAE users, including: • Cyber security • Autonomous/Unmanned Vehicles • Additive Manufacturing • Propulsion
The WPS maintains a continuous dialog with users to determine on which aspects of these areas users most urgently need information. S/he develops and maintains the portal(s) to accentuate those areas with SAE content (new and existing) as well as curating content from outside parties. Draws information from all of SAE’s functional areas and generates, in effect, a continually developing set of narratives—to be used in MOBILUS as well as across SAE’s products—that tell SAE’s story in key areas. This position reports to the Chief Product Officer with strong dotted lines to Automotive and Aerospace Content Strategists, and SAE’s journalism editor in chief.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintains deep familiarity with content being generated across SAE in areas as diverse as standards, events, professional development, journalism, membership and others, as sources of information for users as well as customers output
* Develops and maintains a close connection to MOBILUS users to determine user needs for portal information
* Contracts with authors, bloggers, and other content providers for new portal content; commit to excellent user experiences through development and user feedback; maintains and adjusts front-end layout and templates to provide a sense of continual freshness and appropriate emphases to content pages.
* Identifies, curates and acquires third-party (government, academic, corporate) content
* Develop portal product roadmap, and steer prioritization of portal product-related releases.
* Develop value stories and sales methodologies that will maximize the ability of our sales team to leverage these solutions.
* Work with teams to document internal, participant and market-facing collateral to effectively communicate portal benefits.