Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design.
Are You a Striped Bass?
Looking for a good Technical Writer is much like fishing in a large pond for striped bass. Sometimes you get tuna. Sometimes you get trout. Sometimes you get an old boot. No matter how many times you cast your line, it's only on very rare occasions that you find your coveted striped bass.
Mentor – a Siemens Business, a leader in the Electronics Design Automation (EDA) industry, is looking for a technical writer for its IC design, manufacture, test, and verification software products. Working closely with a talented design staff, you will be responsible for documenting new technologies as well as proven product lines.
Our open position is located in:
Our ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (such as EE, CS, Physics, or Applied Math; new graduates will be considered)
- Demonstrable interest/experience in the IC design industry
- An understanding of schematic capture, layout, IC verification and manufacture, or Design for Test is a plus
- A portfolio of success stories and writing samples
Our writing team provides the following environment:
- A group with decades of combined experience (and a sense of humor)
- Training to gain knowledge in the field
- Involvement in every level of documentation production for multiple books
- Ability to innovate and improve documentation standards
If you are a writer with a highly technical background, an engineer looking for a career change, or a new college graduate with a technical degree and strong writing and interpersonal skills, please apply.
To learn more about Mentor Graphics and its product lines, go to www.mentor.com.
NOTE: Please submit a Cover Letter in addition to your resume.
Additional Salary Information: Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, daily exercise classes.