Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join a fast growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. You will be working on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, NASA, and Facebook. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
What you would be doing:
We are looking for a Technical Writer to help document our streaming server software and related products and APIs. You’ll be producing content for streaming professionals and platform developers who are using Wowza products and technology to customize live streaming workflows. You'll set up and use software and hardware from Wowza and third parties to plan, write, and curate technical content, including user guides, support articles, API reference documentation, and code examples. You'll work closely with other technical writers and Wowza Product Management, Engineering, Support, Marketing, and Infrastructure teams to implement content strategies.
You'll partner with a cross-functional and geographically-dispersed team of experienced software professionals who are focused on creating, improving, and driving adoption of Wowza streaming media products. This role requires you to move nimbly between projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments of varying complexity.
You must care about streaming and helping customers to be successful. As a customer advocate, you'll play a vital role in helping customers be successful in implementing their streaming broadcasts. This role has a large impact on Wowza's ability to satisfy its customers and drive revenue.
What we love about working at Wowza:
Million dollar views of the Rocky Mountains, the Denver metro area, and live buffalo!
Strong benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, PTO and 401K match
An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
Yoga classes and gym discounts to satisfy that urge to move
Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about its customers and has a track record of delivering results.
Experience we’d like you to have:
• 2 or more years producing developer documentation for commercially released software, including REST APIs, Java APIs, or mobile app SDKs.
• Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
• Working with content management systems and code repositories; Git experience preferred.
• Comfortable installing and managing developer builds locally from the command line
• Familiarity with adaptive-bitrate live and VOD streaming, CDN services, and OTT delivery.
• Using technical writing style guidelines and SEO best practices to help raise content usability, discoverability, and quality.
• Working in an Agile software development environment.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability to incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple groups of people into documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will work in our Golden, CO, office, but we will also consider applications from candidates who can fill the position remotely.