Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for an AV System Designer to join us in our Littleton, MA office. Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The AV System Designer III creates and manages AV construction related system design documents using AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and assorted product-specific applications. The incumbent ensures that appropriate project-related design documents are created, updated, filed and/or distributed in keeping with project schedules. He/She develops or adapts AV solutions based on customer requirements. The incumbent is responsible for component identification and qualification. He/She provides technical product support to the installation and service teams.
As a AV System Designer III working on the Systems Integration team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by identifying customer requirements, designing systems, and supporting installation efforts. A typical day for you will include:
* Generating bills of material, cable pull worksheets, and CAD drawing sets for AV Construction.
* Designing for System Integration Projects.
* Consulting with Project Managers to capture requirements for design implementation.
* Completing the design of related CAD drawings (signal flow and rack elevation) to support each SI ENG project.
* Adapting audio, video and control flow diagrams to meet site-specific requirements.
* Adapting rack elevation and wiring detail drawings to meet site-specific requirements.
* Documenting structural requirements (e.g. blocking, bracing, etc.) for the mounting of displays, cameras and other equipment.
* Maintaining Design Controls per procedure.
* Providing consultation to Project implementation team to support installation activities.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
* Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years of audio visual design experience with complex systems.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required.
* Ability to travel to support engineering and implementation as required.
* CTS-D certification is preferred.
* Experienced and proficient in design using AutoCAD or equivalent.
* Experienced with medical instrumentation and video imaging preferred.
* Experienced with managing/interface with vendors and contractors.
* Working knowledge of electronics and audiovisual equipment is preferred.
* Experienced with directly managing design and/or development projects.
* Ability to interact with field personnel, management and customers.
* Possess a high degree of self-reliance, initiative and creativity.
* Have strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must have a high degree of personal organization.
* Must work well under pressure.
Internal Number: 3762BR
About Olympus Corporation of America
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.