Responsible for evaluating and rewriting hospital clients’ ANCC Magnet® application documents to ensure compliance and accuracy. Work requires timely turnarounds in a deadline-driven environment. Full-time telecommuting is available if not local to Tipton's office in Newark, DE.
• Critically evaluate client narratives to determine if document addresses core requirements of Magnet question. Review Tipton-provided reference material, compare to narratives and make decisions on the quality of the narratives. Direct clients on how to improve the documents as well as edit the document to follow the Tipton format.
• Evaluate clients’ data to determine if it meets Magnet requirements.
• If needed, provide comprehensive revision/edit of client narratives and combine with clinical data to create documents demonstrating improved clinical outcomes.
• Provide concise coaching to client relevant to criteria, identify missing content and provide suggested content to ensure document flows easily for reader.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Magnet requirements and expectations.
• Proofread for grammar and spelling; ensure consistency with Tipton style, approach and process.
• Consult with freelance writers and staff members to share insights, resolve issues and manage workloads.
Competencies, skills and experience required for the role:
• Attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience in editing technical, healthcare, engineering or scientific material.
• Ability to complete complex analyses and provide effective coaching guidance in a deadline?based environment.
• Excellent project and time?management skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and develop and maintain own schedule.
• Excellent ability to work as lone editor/writer on an assignment or to collaborate closely with others as needed.
• An understanding of the basic concepts, practices and specialized vocabulary used within a healthcare environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The ideal candidate would have:
• Nursing experience
• Quality/performance improvement background
• Familiarity with ANCC Magnet Program® requirements
• A intense love of transforming muddle into magic (and working on documents all day, every day)
About Tipton Communications
Tipton Communications (www.tiptoncommunications.com) and Tipton Health Communications (www.tiptonhealth.com) are leaders in corporate, healthcare, development and human resources communications. We specialize in providing employee communications, benefits and HR communications, public relations and marketing communications to health care systems, corporations and independent schools. We are also the fastest-growing provider of ANCC Magnet(R) documentation support.
We are a market leader in HR and benefits communications, including open enrollment. We have delivered strategic communications plans, tactics and world-class deliverables to some of the nation's most progressive corporations including Chase, Carpenter Technology, Marvell, Xilinx, and ARAMARK.
We support hospitals with full-service internal and external communications, marketing and development support. Our clients include Main Line Health System, Augusta Health, JPS Health Network, Roper St. Francis, Penn Medicine, St. Francis Hospital and Einstein Health Network.
We are leaders in providing communications support for healthcare organizations seeking ANCC Magnet recognition or recertification. We provide writer... workshops, MPD bootcamps, content review, and a unique proprietary solution for electronic submission of Magnet documentation. We now support more than 100 hospitals and health systems.