Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Responsible for all phases of the web services design, development and implementation processes to deliver the best version of the Boston College web site (BC.EDU) possible. Designs, recommends and prepares the front-end of web sites to include creative design and visual content in accordance with BC standards. Uses appropriate tools for web design, content development, and programming to meet client needs. Responsible for the implementation of these designs through the creation and maintenance of websites.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:
Associate Designer: Minimum of 2 years of technical experience designing interfaces using the latest web technologies. Prior experience building websites based on open standards and technologies. $55,600-$69,500
Designer: Minimum of 5 years of technical experience designing interfaces using the latest web technologies. Prior experience building websites based on open standards and technologies. Demonstrated success as a designer in a complex web environment. Solid understanding of web usability and responsive design. $62,900 - $78,650
Senior Designer: Minimum of 7 years of technical experience designing interfaces using the latest web technologies. Prior experience building websites based on open standards and technologies. Demonstrated success as a designer in a complex web environment. Experience with responsive design. Solid understanding of web usability and advanced design approaches. $74,750 - $93,450
- Deep understanding of graphic and interface design principles.
- Strong familiarity with back-end tools and standards.
- Expert knowledge of graphic design applications.
- Experience with web content management systems and developing user journeys and stories.
- Expertise in cross-browser CSS issues. Understanding of web site development cycles and quality assurance processes.
- Experience with bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA).
- Experience designing for mobile interfaces and for multiple platforms.
- Experience with user testing and requirements analysis as well as interaction and visual design and user testing.
- Experience with accessibility and WCAG 2.0
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop or similar application.
- Exceptional eye for design as it relates to the user experience.
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience using source code management tools or current industry standard (e.g. GIT or Atlassian Stash).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Internal Number: 2310
About Boston College
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.
BACK TO TOP
Technical Communication Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else STC Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Technical Communication Career Center.