Responsible for supporting the reporting needs related to data services provided by the Office of Institutional Research & Strategic Analytics. Designs, tests and generates reports, dashboards, scorecards and visualizations that support decision making to meet the strategic needs at all levels of the University. Designs and implements solutions that allow users to be more self-sufficient. Designs, develops and maintains database and reporting applications in support of the Strategic Analytics Initiative. Develops instruction and training materials. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provides development and support to meet the reporting needs related to the goals of Institutional Research and the Strategic Analytics initiatives; provides reliable, accurate, secure and accessible data in the form of reports, scorecards and visualizations that meet the strategic and management needs at all levels of the University *Consulting with stakeholders to determine reporting requirements and translate these requirements into Business Intelligence solutions * Develops reports using University supported databases, reporting tools and integration software *Develops management tools in support of data-driven decision making, such as dashboards, scorecards and other automated, on-demand information delivery systems *Designs, develops, tests and delivers reports, dashboards, scorecards and visualizations that support decision making and planning *Builds and manages the library of data products and reusable Business Intelligence assets *Maintains existing data products to maintain accuracy over information life-cycles and changing business need *Collaborates with Data Stewards, end-users, System Analysts, Research Analysts and Functional Technologists to understand and translate requirements into operational designs for data products *Create and modify data queries within the University's enterprise system and Office of Institutional Research & Strategic Analytics (OIRSA) data warehouse *Acting member of the OIRSA Strategic Analytics Team
2. Develops and maintains OIRSA platforms for data products and systems Works with Library and Technology Services (LTS) to determine changes in delineation between an OIRSA and LTS platforms *Administering system access for University systems identified as under the purview and administration of the OIRSA *Continues education regarding new and enhanced system platforms for the purposes of keeping the University and OIRSA at the forefront of Business Intelligence technology *Works with LTS to maintain Business Intelligence, Institutional Research, Strategic Analytics technology and data products *Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of the Business Intelligence tools and systems *Maintaining content, security and reliability standards for such OIRSA systems *Develops data and information quality metrics *Assists in the maintenance of the OIRSA warehouse
3. Provides training and instruction to clients in support of the integrated University and Strategic Analytics systems and supported software, including visualization and reporting software; provides data literacy education when required *Conducts end user training on the use of the University supported report-writing and visualization tools *Develops and maintains appropriate training documentation and materials *Reviews user and technical documentation to create and update procedures *Assesses client training needs *Instructs users in database, report and visualization design and use *Provides informational presentations to campus community and at professional conferences
4. Provides the OIRSA staff with data for analysis *Maintains data sets for effective operation of the OIRSA *Develops automated data retrieval for the reporting tasks required for the OIRSA *Assists in advancing the Business Intelligence services; promotes the use of new and existing University software *Develops one-off data retrieval for the reporting tasks required for the OIRSA *Provides limited data analysis consistent with the quality standards of the OIRSA *Develops and maintains the technical side of the relationship with the consumers and analyzers of data in the OIRSA *Optimizes the performance of Business Intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user *Automates OIRSA data needs for external reporting *Continues education in the service of the goals of OIRSA
5. Assist with the enrollment, completions and admissions census snapshots used for internal and external reporting and archival data *Ensure data validity and integrity, taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies and addressing the source *Create and maintain the necessary ETL for data transfer from original source to resting place *Maintain proper documentation
Position Number: S88910
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s Degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management and sound judgment
Superior quantitative and analytical skills
Knowledge and experience in SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Argos, Tableau/Tableau Prep are desired
Critical thinking and decision making
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.