University Health Services is seeking a motivated graphic designer to join our Marketing & Health Communications team. If you are passionate about visual design and enjoy creative problem-solving around effective messaging, this may be the position for you.
The Graphic Designer works collaboratively with communications colleagues and partners to develop professional, audience-informed visual design. This individual will curate materials for digital platforms and physical distribution with an eye for creative problem-solving that fits within the broader framework of UHS messaging.
|Conceptualizes, plans, and executes digital and/or print design to support the strategic objectives of the institution; creates on-brand, compelling visual assets used to inform, educate, inspire, and/or persuade. |
- 40% Creates, designs, and produces artwork per project specifications through various mediums
- 10% Analyzes and identifies cost effective options to meet project requirements
- 10% Schedules logistics, secures resources, organizes, and monitors art production projects adhering to established timelines and expectations
- 10% Answers questions and provides information and problem-resolution options to clients and stakeholders
- 20% Applies creative expertise within established brand and style guidelines
- 10% Works collaboratively with other creative professionals, engages in and responds to creative feedback, manages project workflow and timing, maintains files, and follows established work unit processes
Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Preferably in graphic design, art, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Software - including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in graphic design, communications, or producing content for promotional and informational purposes.
Preferred skills, and knowledge:
- Strong sense of initiative
- Ability to think creatively in identifying and solving problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized with experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to discuss and communicate sensitive health topics
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $43,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
The Division of Student Affairs at UW-Madison includes Recreational Sports, Student Life, University Health Services, and the Wisconsin Union. Together these units deliver quality services and programs that enhance the student experience, build a welcoming and engaging community and further student success.
A period of evaluation will be required and a criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
How to Apply:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. You will be required to log in or create an account to continue. Please upload a cover letter and resume to apply. You will also be asked to provide the contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a current or former supervisor.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.