Responsible for content and database management through various software applications, execution of social media initiatives and distribution of communications messaging. The Communications/Administrative Coordinator will also provide administrative and technical support to the Vice President and greater Communications and Public Affairs department which is an integral component in overall function and flow of the stem. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. University Daily Announcements, Events Calendar and Directory Coordination and Content Management *Review, edit and approve event and announcement details contributed by the Lehigh community which feeds the upcoming events and announcements email distribution sent daily to over 12,000 faculty, staff and students *Coordinate publication details with campus student and staff contributors, propose messaging edits and determine appropriate topic, department and audience category assigned to each event, and ensure content complies with Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) guidelines, visual design standards and web accessibility and government regulations *Provide orientation and instruction as needed, help determine event content to highlight on Inside Lehigh website, and assist CPA in testing new calendar feature updates. *Review, edit and approve submitted changes to office locations and contact information found in CPA campus directory resources such as interactive campus map, housing website, offices and department listings and driving directions pages for prospective students and other visitors
2. Social Media Channel Support *Assist with specific social media campaigns and projects *Administer social media contests *Periodic coverage of events via Lehigh's social media account *Assist in moderation of social media posts through online tools *Monitor and respond to private messages through Lehigh's social media accounts *Participate in brainstorm sessions about social media content
3. Database Management *Assist with updating, management and distribution of all print publication and departmental mailing lists *Manage Merit pages data requests contacting registration and academic services quarterly to collect data and compose lists of students to post data *University leadership list maintenance to include continued research and updates to database and spreadsheets *University Marketing (Marcomm) list management *Update database and distribution lists for Parent Newsletters *Assist with data collection for Government Relations, management of database and mailings
4. Communications Support *Mass Communication Mailings using I-Modules/ LTS Email Generator tool for general University and crisis communications *Compile responses as a result of communications to inform leadership and respond to emails from stakeholders using messaging and talking points
5. Provide Administrative Support to Vice President (VP) and CPA Department *Manage calendar and provide scheduling assistance for VP of CPA with highest level of discretion *Coordinate travel arrangements for VP of CPA *Monitor and respond to daily CPA email inquiries *Plan and schedule special events and meetings related to CPA operations *Coordinate searches and other activities that may involve internal and external campus constituents *Intern and work study student schedule coordination *Provide back-up support to Business Manager for office maintenance and admin functions *Receive and process incoming and outgoing department mail *Maintain office equipment and supplies
Grade: 8 – 37.5
Position Number: S74710
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
30 hours per week; 9:00am-3:30pm
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to three years related work experience
Perform administrative responsibilities including taking notes during meetings, preparing correspondence and managing files
Ability to manage and coordinate schedules
Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with a high level of customer service required
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.